Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3.30.2010

This picture is of me in front of Chuck the Catfish.

This week has been extremely good but extremely tiring. The weather here has been extremely nice and really good. Yesterday was +15 C so yeah things are getting nice here in Selkirk. The ice in the river is cracked and gone but the river is flooded. There is a bridge that goes out to East Selkirk and is about 20-30 ft above water normally and now nobody can cross because its too high. The water is going to be at its highest on Saturday hopefully so well have to see how much higher it will get.

I'm not sure if I told you but when I was Elder Burch a car backed up into us and messed up our bumper while we were parked. Well today was the day we were told to bring the car into the shop and it won't be ready till Thursday so Selkirk just became a walking area. haha and of course after a week of great weather on our way into the library it started to rain. haha. just our luck. Plus we have lots and lots of appointments today and tomorrow on opposite sides of the city so things will be interesting.

The other day the Szypkowski's had us over for supper and than we helped them move an extremely heavy piano out of somebodies house and into their house. Their son, Bart, just returned from a mission in BC, Canada a week ago and he had learned how to play the piano on his mission so when his mom heard him play she decided they needed a piano because he is really good. Don't expect the same thing from me though. They are a really nice family and live just outside of Selkirk in St. Andrews. They were like one of the first members in Poland and pretty much started their branch their and in Austria. They are an amazing family and true Mormon Pioneers.

I'm happy to hear Morgan is going on a Mission. He'll do good in Denmark. I honestly can't believe Dillion and Reese are home/coming home. Two years just flew by with them. haha that is crazy to think about.

We had zone conference this past week. I really enjoy zone conferences and you learn alot. Most of the time I have to review my notes the next personal study because I just learn so much.

I'm super excited for General Conference this next week. After General Conference us as missionaries here in The Canada Winnipeg Mission don't have to wear suit coats anymore except to meetings. I'm so excited to walk around the streets in just a white shirt. I'm also excited for the talks. They should be good. I'm excited to see what Jeffrey R. Holland is going to speak on, all i know is it is going to be a powerhouse talk. Lets just hope its not on something boring...like food storage.

I'm going to try and get some pictures off today. I was wondering that whenever you send me a package (the next one will probably be my birthday) if you could send me my CD Player and Speakers. I'm not sure where they are but if you come across them that would be great.

Well I love you all and I'll talk to you later.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment