Thursday, March 25, 2010

3.23.2010

Howdy Ya'll,

Supposedly that is the typical "American" Accent up here in Canada. Alot of times people are surprised to hear that Elder Smith and I are from America. They aren't ignorant or anything. Canadian people actually know the states alot more than I do. Actually I would say we are kind of ignorant, I have absolutely no idea about Canada or its provinces. If somebody asks you what the capital of Canada is, do not say Toronto. Its not. Now that I'm thinking about it I can't even remember what the actual capital is. All I know is it is not in Manitoba.

Anyway, things are going well here in Selkirk. Alot of good things are starting to pan out here. We just work as hard as we possibly can and God takes care of the rest. We are working with a less-active lady and her part-member family. The husband is against religion. She might be going to church and being nice to us for the wrong reasons, but both of her sons expressed desires to be baptized. She wouldn't let them before but she said they could this time. We just have to discern her true intentions for coming to church because if she isn't genuinely interested in becoming active again we aren't going to baptize her kids into inactivity.

Another less active man called an active member this week asked for home teachers, a book of Mormon, and he wants his son to take the baptismal lessons. But they still haven't come out to church so again we will have to check on their intentions for getting him baptized.

Karl had to cancel our last appointment but we have a standing appointment with him on Tuesdays so tonight we should be meeting with him if nothing comes up. We are also hoping that he has picked a date. Also we are meeting with a lady named Sandy who we are hoping to set a date with soon.

We have been going out to Stonewall lately. We have two investigators out there and they both seem really good so hopefully we will be working with them for a while. The only bad thing is they have to work around our schedule and when we go up there rather than when they are actually available so that makes it difficult sometimes.

Well not much else to report. I accidentally used all the money on my allotment card so I ended up having to use my home card twice yesterday. Sorry, I know it costs more money but I only use it when I'm about to purchase something with my allotment card and I get declined. At that point I can't run to Scotiabank and take out money.

Last week we went on exchanges with our district leader and Elder Smith had to go with a missionary that is less than obedient. It kind of bothered him because he didn't know what to do and was awkward. My exchange went great though. I got to go with a Zone leader and I learned alot. One thing he said was "There are those missionaries who say they aren't going to change their personality or not follow a rule because they don't want to but I'm going to follow every rule and do what I'm suppose to. If my personality changes, who care? Its who God wants me to be" I like that. If we do what we are suppose to, we will become who God wants us to be. Anyway I'll get off my soap box.

Love,
Elder Turner

I forgot to mention how nice it has been up here. We have been in the positives and the weather her is just the best right now. The river should be breaking this week which is exciting. supposedly the ice sometimes will make a dam and flood the city so some exciting times ahead. Also they have the machine that cuts up the ice to prevent it from damming and this past week it fell through the ice and they can't get it back until all the ice is gone. haha a quarter of a million dollars is just sitting at the bottom of the river. haha well that's about it for the weather love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment