Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3.9.2010

**Note: One of his best friends is serving in Chile and was in the center of the quake and tsumnami. That is who he is referring to “Gavin”.

Well this has literally been an exhausting week. Elder Burch left on Thursday and Elder Smith came up. Elder Smith and I get along really well and I'm really looking forward to serving with him. He has alot of drive and really wants to see things get done. I think he might be a little depressed because Agnes (where he just came from and where I was trained) is an amazingly blessed area and Selkirk is kinda a slow area. We definitely are doing all that we can though to make it work. We have been tracting literally from sun up to sun down. Last week we found more new investigators than Selkirk has seen in a long long time so things are shaping up. The two of us teach really well and we've had some really powerful lessons lately. Elder Smith is from Idaho Falls, Idaho (i think its Idaho Falls). We are really similar and actually when I told all the sisters out here that I was going to be with Elder Smith they all said "haha you'll have a great time together, you two are the same person". I can already tell it's going to be a great transfer.

I can't believe Gavin was put through all of that down in Chile. That is so scary and he is definately in the prayers. All the Canadians here say that although everybody makes fun of them for living in such cold conditions, they don't get earthquakes, tsunamis, volcano, really no natural disasters. Make sure to keep giving me the updates of Gavin.

I'm glad to hear that you and the Vander Martin's are having fun in China. It is definitely a large country and there is lots to see there. Tony says he wants to go to China with me when we get back so that would be fun. Don't ware yourself out though. Your kinda old now, don't go anywhere without a walker and an oxygen tank. haha love ya.

The weather here as been extremely nice but here in Manitoba they have a saying about March. "In like a lamb, out like a lion" since the March started out nice, the end is going to be very cold and they are all anticipating another giant snow storm.

Well I'm glad to hear that everybody is doing good at home. Keep me updated. Sorry this email is kinda short but not too much happened this week. Just alot of tracting. haha

Love,
Elder Turner

P.S. Keep me posted on Gavin, seriously

No comments:

Post a Comment