Hey Everybody,
Well this week has been a pretty busy week. We actually just got back from Winnipeg again. They let us go down for one more district meeting which I'm glad they did. I'm pretty tired though from all the driving and the not sleeping too well on an uncomfortable couch in another missionaries apartment but it was lots of fun.
This week Elder Burch and I had two people to church. We actually had 6 committed to church but on Sunday morning 3 of them called and had to bail and the other one just wasn't home. Ben came and stayed just for sacrament. He really enjoyed it and hopefully we will see him coming to church more. Beverly, the steven minister, came as well and she loved it. She stayed for all 3 hours of church, a potluck afterward, and than a baptism after that. Church starts at 10 and we left at 3:30-4. All in all it was an extremely long day at church but Beverly really enjoyed herself and was glad she came.
As a mission we got 76 people to church which is tied for the record of the most people at church. President Paulson has changed lots of things and the mission is really turning up. Our goal for the past two transfers was 50 at church, now its 60 but this whole transfer we've broken that too so we are really improving.
We have this one investigator we are working with named Carl. He is a really nice guy just really into Animae, video games, Dungeons and Dragons, and LARP (Live Action Role Play) which is where they dress up and act out games like Dungeons and Dragons. I hope you now have a good vision of Carl but he is a younger guy, maybe 25. We brought a member who goes to the Young Single Adult ward in Winnipeg (the YSA ward) but lives up here. His brother is actually the Branch President but anyway this member, Devin, turns out that they are actually were friends in High School and were happy to be reacquainted with each other. They are also into similar activities (see list above). The good news though, Carl is planning on going to YSA which is what we were planning on and wants to do a bunch of activities. He knows the church is true just needs friends in the church so I see him getting baptized soon. Probably won't be our baptism though, even though he will be taught by us he will be baptized in the YSA ward.
Canada has been kinda warm (-9 C) lately but last night it got super cold (-39 C) but tomorrow it should be back up to the nicer weather. I'm really looking forward to General Conference. After that we don't have to wear suit coats anymore which I can't wait. I actually don't get as cold as most people here. I hate wearing big clothes so I don't wear my Big coat as much but more like a light one. Actually when I was down in Winnipeg the Elders we stayed with had a long er coat like the one Kevin got in China that didn't fit them but fit me so they gave it to me so now I have a nice long coat which is way warm.
I'm glad to hear America beat Canada in Hockey. I knew it already but its a fun thing to joke around with the investigators with.
Don't worry about sending me a package soon but I was just thinking if your sending anything can you send me some card games like Bang! (I know your working on that), Phase 10, Skipbo, Etc. (I already have UNO).
Well not too much to say. I'm exhausted and had a couple things I wanted to say but I completely forgot. I'm really tired right now. I'm thinking of sending a package soon but I'm not sure how soon that will actually be. I actually got a letter from Brittany Allison, Lauren Dudley, and Jessica Madson which was really nice to get. Well I love ya and make it a great week.
Love,
Elder Turner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment