Well first off, I hadn't heard about the big earthquake in Chile. How is Gavin doing? How are all the missionaries down there? That is terrible. At the end of the story it mentioned something about a tsunami hitting Hawaii? what happened there? Man, nobody tells us anything. haha
Well we got our transfer calls on Sunday so on Thursday Elder Burch is being moved down into Winnipeg while Elder Smith from Idaho will be coming up here to Selkirk. I don't know Elder Smith too well but he was trained by Elder Ewell the transfer after me so he is considered my "Brother". It should be fun and the one time that I did meet him he was super nice so I'm looking forward to this next transfer even though I'm sad to see Elder Burch leave.
It is amazing to think that this past week I hit my 6 month mark. It doesn't seem like it has been that long but time just flies out here. Elder Burch hits his year mark in a couple days and people say when that happens, your mission goes incredibly fast.
This past week hasn't been the best week for Elder Burch. He found out he got a speeding ticket in Winnipeg for going 10 K's over. It will cost him $216 which is alot of money for about 5mph over. He was following some other Elders to a restaurant because we didn't know where it was and they weren't being the best leaders. Fortunately for them, they didn't get a ticket. Also yesterday we went to a ladies house to clean off some graffiti from her garage (some kids graffitied a whole street with Swastikas and "hail Hitler") and so we parked across the street from her house. Another lady in the drive way started to back up after we had been parked for 10-15 sec and backed into us so now we have to take care of that. Luckily we are at no fault so he won't have to pay anything.
The weather here has been really good lately. I haven't even been wearing a coat except for in the evenings. They say the river will soon be cracking and we will be able to hear it. Supposedly the ice sometimes takes out bridges and floods streets so we will need to help with the sandbagging. Believe it or not, I'm actually excited to see it. Everything has been melting like crazy and it has been about -1 or 0 C which is really nice (considering it has been cold for a long time).
Things are going really well here. We don't have anybody lined up for baptism but we have a lot of good situations. Elder Burch is kinda sad to leave all the good stuff we are working on but Elder Smith will come in and we will just tear it up haha.
The Olympics have been fun here. We "tried" tracting during the championship hockey game but that didn't turn out very well. Afterwards though we connected to alot of people by telling them we were American. At first they rubbed it in about the game and than usually their next question is "why are you in Selkirk?". That really is a good teaching opportunity.
Not much else to report. I will probably need new contacts soon. I have enough to last me this month and next month but I'm not to sure after that.
Well I love you all and hope for the best.
Love, Elder Turner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment