Howdy everybody.
Life is going pretty good in Selkirk, Manitoba. We are working really hard and seeing some benefits from it. This past week was Zone Conference which was really nice to go to. It is amazing how much you miss seeing other missionaries when your outlining. Don't get me wrong, I like Elder Burch but when your use to seeing your zone every p-day you start to miss other missionaries. Zone conference was way good though. Its nice to here from President and Sister Paulson, the assistants, the zone leaders, and to see your friends. All in all it is all really uplifting.
On Saturday we got a phone call at supper time telling us that the speakers for church had to cancel so they asked if Elder Burch and I could speak. Talking in church is literally one of my biggest fears but since your always out of your comfort zone on a mission I was happy to do it. So pretty much I was stressing all night and all morning and I decided to talk about families and eternal families because it was Valentines day. We get out of PEC meeting and realize that President Paulson, Sister Paulson, and their daughter decided to visit the branch so I got even more nervous. Luckily the branch President asked him to speak so Elder Burch and I only gave half of our planned talks which made it alot easier.
We have been doing tons and tons of tracting this week. It kills me but I definitely need to work on my finding techniques. Pretty much all of Selkirk has been "Tracted out" but that doesn't mean there isn't people to find. I was sent here for a reason and I just need to find that reason. It is actually kinda nice that alot of people have had missionaries tract into them before because the ones that aren't interested let you know right off the bat while the ones that are (or the ones that like to argue) will talk for a little with you.
We started to teach a woman named Sandy who is a very nice lady. She volunteers at the food bank and so do we every P-day so that is how she first came in contact with the missionaries. She is really up to learning and is really enjoying our meetings. She is heavily involved in another church which might be kind of difficult later. On our second appointment she said she didn't read the Book of Mormon because she felt like she was cheating her church. I think we worked through it because she promised she would read it by the time we came back next.
It is kinda hard to see some our investigators who won't progress. You know how much the gospel can help them out, how much it will bless them and their families, and how things will work our for them but sometimes they can't always see it. You just want to help everybody but not everyone wants to be "helped".
Today we were able to go down to Winnipeg for a district meeting and zone lunch which was nice. (BTW mom, I had to pay for mine & Elder Burch's because he left his card at home but he is paying me back but both of those were on my home card) I truly do love seeing other missionaries and I believe either next week or the following week we get to go back down for another District meeting. Usually our district meetings are done over the phone which isn't fun so It is a real blessing when your allowed to go down.
Well I love ya all and hope you had a great week. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.
Love,
Elder Turner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment