First off let me just apologize for writing on a Wednesday. Usually here in Selkirk since we only have one library here and its closed on Monday's, we have permission to write on Tuesday. Yesterday we came to write but every time we came there wasn't any available computers so we wrote today. So you will always get an email from me on Tuesdays hopefully. I would still recommend writing on Mondays though because once or twice a transfer we get to go down to Winnipeg for P-day and we would than email than.
Also, LDS mail just recently changed to a G-mail service and it made us change our emails so now my email is pturner@myldsmail.net. All of my mail will still be forwarded to to my new one but I'm not sure how long that will be though.
Well after a two hour Drive to Regina, staying there for a night and driving 6 hours to Winnipeg than another Hour, I finally made it to Selkirk, Manitoba. It is a really small town and its alot of fun. One of the biggest buildings here is the Mental Asylum. I think it is the mental asylum for all of Manitoba. haha There is alot of crazy people on the streets here, like seriously. Elder Burch was telling me about a guy that told them he put space rocks up to his head and now he is a genius or another guy who hangs out with robots. Don't get me wrong, there are alot of normal people here (they just don't wonder the streets at -20 C)
My new companion is Elder Burch. He is from Boise (more specifically Star), Idaho. He is a really funny guy and we actually new each other my first transfer because he was in my district but we are constantly laughing the whole day. We actually have quite alot of fun together but don't worry, we still work really hard.
So the other day we were talking to one of our investigators Theresa. She is a "close talker" and she likes to get very loud (not a good combination). She also talks a mile a minute (or a Kilometer a minute). She welcomed me to Selkirk and started to list off the highlights of Selkirk that I need to check out. On the list was Wal-mart, and the McDonalds. She actually asked me if I had ever been to a McDonalds before. haha I told her a few times.
We are also teaching this guy named Trevor. He is a really nice guy and really interested in the gospel. I felt bad though because he asked me to give the closing prayer and in the prayer I called him Jeremy. Nobody bothered to correct me and it wasn't until we got home and I asked a question about "Jeremy" that Elder Burch told me I had been calling him the wrong name the whole night haha.
We had one investigator come to church this week...kinda. Selkirk branch is very spread out so sometimes people call in to a phone and listen to sacrament because it is too far to come in or the highways are really bad. We have one investigator, Beverly, who is a Steven minister for the Lutheran church. She really likes our church but she has been extremely sick so she called in and listened to it which counts for an investigator at church.
So on Sunday, the branch president and us, went to go visit a part-member family who live in Fisher Branch, Manitoba. We left after church and Fisher Branch is two hours north of Selkirk (our area is huge) the highways were terrible because there was a blizzard that day and it took us forever to get there. By the Time we left (at one) got there, taught an hour lesson, and got back it was 6 O'clock. We than had a meal at the Presidents house but we were going to have to cut it short because he had to leave at 6:15 to get stake priesthood meeting (we couldn't go because we didn't have an investigator going) so he drops us off back at our car and Elder Burch realizes we don't have the keys to the car/apartment. haha we searched Presidents car and the church but couldn't find it. President Anderson eventually had to go so he left us in the church. Sis. Anderson called and said she had found the keys in his car and she brought it too us with our food to go. haha by the time we left there it was 8. That was a long day.
On P-day, there was a crazy blizzard going on and we got stuck twice. One time somebody towed us out with their truck. We decided to go to DQ and get Blizzards and take pictures in the blizzard. I'll send them when I can. they are pretty funny.
Also, when I was back in Saskatoon, we had a Jehovah Witness lady who lived below us. She was constantly bringing us food and things just randomly and she was super nice. She brought us a $20 gift card to Boston Pizza which I put in my wallet because Elder Halliday and I planned on going there one p-day. well we both forgot and I didn't remember till the other day that I had it so Elder Burch and I decided to go to Boston Pizza yesterday. We ordered the BBQ Pulled pork pizza. She explained that the BBQ sauce was Jack Daniels BBQ sauce and we said that sounded good. It wasn't until we took our first bites that I remembered Jack Daniels was Whiskey. haha we both were kinda worried and we asked her and she said there was 1/2 ounce of Jack Daniels per 40 ounces of bbq sauce. We still couldn't eat it so we asked for another pizza and we were going to pay for both because it was our fault but they ended up just giving us a free new one. haha we felt pretty dumb.
Oh and in this Branch, every 5th Sunday is Missionary Sunday so we have to speak in sacrament. yeah!!! haha luckily there is only 40 people there.
Well I'm out of time but I love ya.
Elder Turner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment