Monday, January 18, 2010

1.18.2010

Well we got our Transfer Calls yesterday and I am leaving Saskatoon. I'm actually also leaving Saskatchewan. I am going to be serving in Selkirk, Manitoba. It is about 30 min north of Winnipeg. My new companion is Elder Burch. He was in my district when i served in Winnipeg and he is a really good guy. He is also really funny so I'm excited to serve with him. I'm outlining which means I'm serving in an outlining town. It's a small town and we are the only missionaries there. So for the whole transfer the only times I'll see other missionaries is zone conference. I'm excited though it should be fun. There is a small branch there so I'll get the feel for a branch. Oh yeah, best of all, I get a car haha Elder Halliday is staying here for another transfer (this will be 6 months here) and he is being senior comp. to a difficult missionary whose last transfer is this next one so he will probably stay another transfer so that two new missionairys will come into the area. That will mean he will be here for 7 1/2 months. Thats crazy.

Lately the weather here has been extremely nice. I don't even wear my coats. A couple times last week in was +5 C which is really nice, especially if you've been living in -30C. Rumors have it that it is suppose to last for a month. This Canadian winter has been extrememly milder compared to others, or so I've been told. I would blame global warming but i guess that is a farce.

Yeah mom I have been getting the letters from my buddies. I got a christmas card from the Young Family which was really nice of them and now I have a picture of Jayden (and Brian, and Cami, and her entire family) which I'm happy about. I also got a Christmas Letter from Stucki with a couple pictures which was really nice to hear from him. I was gonna write him a letter back today but I need to buy international stamps. haha.

So a few stories that made me laugh this week that I know you will enjoy. This week we were planning on making Hawaiian Haystacks. Elder Halliday hates mushrooms but I wanted to make the recipe the exact way that it says because that is the recipe I grew up on. I actually caught myself saying "I bet if I put Cream of Mushroom soup in it, you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference." After I said that i just stopped and started laughing. haha so many times you guys told me that and I didn't listen, haha now i know its true.

Also we ate at a members house and what did they feed us? Salmon. and it was actually pretty good. It was so good in fact that I would have had seconds if it was offered. I know I know, a shocker.

Well not much else to report. Thanks for sending the package. Don't worry about the Karan Dictionary too much. It would just be nice to have. How the mail/packages work is everytime there is a zone conference, assistants come up, transfers, or the zone leaders go to winnipeg for zone leader meeting we get our mail. When your in Winnipeg you get it everyweek but if your in Regina or Saskatoon, you get it about 3-4 times a transfer. I'm not sure how often I'll get it in Selkirk.

Well I love you all and hope to hear from you soon. good luck with the house!

Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment