Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2.9.2010

Hey everybody:

How's it going? I'm glad to hear you are really reading up on our little exciting town of Selkirk. haha If you've seen Chuck the Catfish than you've probably seen our Marine Museum or all the little shacks out on the river. It's pretty funny to see all of this stuff going on. Small towns are pretty fun.

I think I'm starting to go a little crazy haha. The zone leader came up on an exchange with me and Elder Burch went down to Winnipeg for an exchange with our district leader. Our zone leader mentioned we have a lot of crazy investigators and to me they seem normal. Elder Burch came back and kept talking about how sane the district leaders investigators were. haha I guess if you've been here a while they just start to seem more and more normal. We have this one investigator who is a former gang member. He asked me and Elder Olsen (the zone leader) to help him move his furniture upstairs so that when people came into his house they would think it was empty. Kinda weird haha.

Not too much has happened this week. We have zone conference which will be nice because we finally get to see other missionaries haha. It is kinda funny how quickly you miss seeing everybody every week.

February 5th here was National Clean Your Room Day so all the kids had school off here. Crazy i know. Canada has alot of holidays which is the reason they are in school till middle of July. Coming up is Family Day. haha We need more holiday's in the states.

I heard that the Saints won and I heard it was pretty exciting. We didn't even know it was the super bowl until an investigator mentioned she was sitting down to watch it. I guess things like that i don't think about anymore.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I got your package. It was great thank you. I really enjoyed the pictures and the journals and all the other stuff. It was nice to get a package. I felt bad because at transfers we got our mail and I got two packages, and 8 letters. Elder Burch got one letter and it was his birthday the next week. By the way, I never get that many letters it just happened but Elder Burch did get a package and letters later so that was good.

The other day I was thinking about those love apples and about how much I wanted them. Don't worry about sending me any though, I know that would be way too much work.

Sorry this letter is kinda short I don't have too much to write about but thanks for the love and support that you give me and make it a good week.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment