Hola Familia and Amigos:
So this week has been good here in Selkirk. I'd like to thank dad for the facts on Selkirk. I didn't know I was in the Catfish Capital of the World. There is a giant Catfish statue that I will need to take a picture in front of one day. Also yesterday we were going to go take pictures at the river because there is tons of little shacks on it because people are ice fishing but we didn't get time so we'll go next week. Oh another fun fact about Selkirk, the Renee Zellweger blockbuster hit "New in Town" was filmed here so that's exciting. Another movie was being filmed here last week but I'm not sure what it was.
So the weather has been freezing here lately and we have no way to check the weather so we have to rely on the office missionaries to call us if it gets below -40 but they often don't call and we can tell its that cold. haha but we keep on working till we get that call.
We have been working really hard up here. I have never tracted as much in my whole mission than I have in this past week. The work is pretty slow here and everybody here has most likely talked to missionaries before but the Lord wouldn't keep sending us here unless there was some reason. I guess I just have to find that reason.
We have a few interesting investigators though. We just made one investigator who looks like a murderer haha but I don't think he is. He is just an extremely shady guy. I don't remember if I mentioned Beverly last week but she is a really good lady. We haven't been able to meet with her because she is really sick but she phones the church every week and listens to sacrament and loves it.
Speaking of sacrament, Elder Burch and I had to speak. Elder Burch spoke on how members can do missionary work and I taught the first lesson. I had a hard time deciding on what to teach and Preach My Gospel said that when we teach the members the Message of the Restoration it builds their desire to do missionary work more than any thing else. I think it went ok but I wrote my talk in an outline format and not completely written out like I normally do so that was really nerve racking. Beverly listened and she said she really liked my talk and she even took notes so even if none of the members enjoyed it (which many said they did) at least we were able to teach Beverly the first lesson.
Today is Elder Burch's birthday so I think we are going out to eat somewhere. Rest assured it will not be at Boston Pizza and we won't order alcoholic pizza. haha Elder Burch and I have been joking about how ridiculous Snuggie's are and than for his birthday one of our investigators gave him her snuggie because she can't stand to wear it. We have been taking lots of Snuggie pictures and they are hilarious. We also had district meeting which I use to be a fan of but now not so much because it is done over the phone and most of the time we can't even hear everyone. The good thing is though we can eat during it so I guess there are positives.
Well not much else to report on. This week has been kinda slow, good, but slow. I love ya all and hope you have a great week.
Love, Elder Turner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment