Friday, April 9, 2010

4.7.2010

Well this week has been alot of fun but exhausting. I am extremely tired right now. This past week our car went into the shop as you know and the weather was pretty good but one day it was pooring rain and it eventually turned into hail which was not fun. That morning I made the executive decision that it wasn't going to rain so i didn't wear a coat which was not a good decision. I was very very cold. Also lots of hail hitting you in the face while tracting is not the most fun thing to do in the world. haha it was good though.

We were suppose to get our car on Thursday but it wasn't ready yet (typical Dealerships) and because of the long Easter weekend we weren't going to get our car till Monday. The problem with that was we were going down to Winnipeg for Saturday and Sunday for general conference and than we had District Meeting in Winnipeg today (Tuesday). The Assistants figured it would be easier for us to just stay down in Winnipeg for 4 days. haha it was lots of fun. A senior couple drove up and picked us up for conference and than we stayed with the Zone Leaders until today when they just dropped us off. We did get our car back as well. Because we were in the city for P-day though we got P-day activity which I haven't had in about 3 months. To say the least I am limping everywhere because of how sore I am but it was a good time. For Easter Supper I had White Cheddar Mac and Cheese with a hot dog. Haha it was good though. It's the life of a missionary.

Conference was amazing and thankfully we don't have to wear suit coats anymore. Everyone is super excited and happy to just be able to wear their white shirts. There is nothing better than being able to walk outside with beautiful temperature with just a rolled up white shirt. I'm excited to hear how you liked conference. We did have to go to the city because they only show it at the chapels. Here it is not on the TV and some members watch it online. It kinda makes you realize how blessed we are to get it on the TV. Elder Hollands talk was really good and a super power house but I was a little disappointed because I wanted another powerhouse talk about something like the Book of Mormon one he did last time. We share that one with investigators but I don't think we will share this one about Pornography. Elder Uchtdorf gave a great talk, my favorite of the General Conference, about Patience in the Priesthood Session.

Mom/Cami/Destiny I recommend you watch that one, if not the entire Priesthood Session because it was really good. Also I don't remember the speaker but he gave a talk about mothers that I really enjoyed. All in all it was a great conference.

So yesterday in Winnipeg I bought new dress shoes on my home card just to let you know. They were $100 but they were on clearance for $50 and they are really nice brown dress shoes. I also took $20 out last week from the ATM (@ Scotiabank!!!!) I needed it for laundry and fast offerings and I was out of money on my allotment card. I'm just grateful that they allot us a certain amount each month because I would be out of money in like my first 6 months if they gave us all of it.

This Sunday we get our Transfer calls so I'll let you know how that goes. My guess is that I am leaving Selkirk but President Paulson does what he wants and it is not always what you expect. In fact, it is rarely what you expect. Well not much else to mention. I know as soon as I leave the Library I'm going to remember something to tell you that I've been thinking about for a week but what ever. Well I love you and hope you have a great time in China with all the extra baggage.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment