Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4.19.2010

Well I've been in Winnipeg for about 4 days now and things are going good. My new companion is from Spanish Fork, UT. He is a nice kid but kinda sheltered. He graduated High school at 14 and has already done three years of university before coming out so he is pretty smart. He plans on getting a doctorite in Physics so yeah...he is pretty smart. He is kinda socially awkward though and we are working with getting him comfortable to talk to people.

Things are going well here, I came into Henderson Area (thats the area we live in) and noticed we had 1 investigator, so Elder Palica and I are doing alot of finding. We are also planning on working with Part-member families, less actives, and members in general. We just have to keep working hard and we will be blessed. I wanted to go through the former investigator records as well but quickly found out that many of them are "made up" records of some Elders who wanted to make it look like they were working. Now we have to clean that all up so this is going to be one tiring transfer.

I miss Selkirk terribly but I'm excited to move onto another adventure. I ran into one of the members from Selkirk today in the grocery store which was great to see. She is a yoga instructor and last week did a free yoga class at the church. She said that Sandy and her girls, Christi, and Elder Smith and his greenie were there which is great. Sandy and Christi have been hard to get out to the church for activities so hopefully this helped with the fellowship and making them feel comfortable.

Its sad that last transfer I worked really hard and things were picking up towards the end of the transfer. Now I got to put more work in but hopefully have the same results. Well not too much to report, everything is good here. It is nice to be in the city and see other missionaries all the time.

After reading my letter it sounds kind of like I'm upset or something so I apologize if that is the impression you recieved. I am happy to be here and excited to get this area moving. I guess I'm just tired and sore from P-day activity. Well I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Love, Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment