Hola everybody. How is everybody doing? You mentioned you wanted Elder Palica's smarts to rub off on me. I'm happy to say it somewhat has. He taught me how to solve a rubix cube so now I can do it without the cheatsheet he wrote out for me. You should be so proud of me.
So things here are going better. We've met with a couple of the members this week and taught them short lessons. The ward I am in is known as the "refiners fire" for missionaries becuase they literally won't do anything. It is kinda weird because every ward I've been in out here is super missionary minded and then I come here and people really don't notice the 6 Elders in the ward. Supposidly President Paulson has threatened several times to close all of the areas that go to that ward until they try harder. I guess we'll have to see. The Stake has asked every member to do 1 hour of missionary service a month (Which is not hard to do). Before I got here some members had the elders over for a short lesson. We called them back to see if we could set up a time to follow up with them and they said "Oh, we've already met with the missionaries this month. Lets try it for next month." Lets just say I want to be a good member when I get home.
So we have been tracting Everyday, all day. Every time we are out though we find a new potential investigator so things are going good. Like I'm working really hard but I kinda feel like I'm on a treadmill. I'm doing the best I can but I'm not really going anywhere. Things will pick up though. This week we found somebody whom we are extremely exctied about. We knocked on a door and I woman asked if we were from a certain church and we explained that we weren't and explained who we were. She looked genuinly relieved. She invited us in to learn more. I guess she has been meeting with that other faith but is scared of them. She mentions that she doesn't like what they teach, and feels confused, scared, and worried when they are over. We shared with her the scripture about how the spirit feels and asked if she felt any of those around them. She said no. We asked her how she felt around us and said exactly what the scripture said. She was bawling and said she had been praying to know the truth and knows that we were sent to find her. Funny thing was that entire street nobody answered and the few that did were rude. She was the last house on the street and before her I really wanted to quit and go to another street. I guess it's important to plan by the spirit as well as teach by it.
Our apartment is pretty nice. Only Elder Palica and I live in it but Elder Clarine (the District Leader) and Elder Burch (My old comp. from Selkirk) are over quite often. Since we don't have a car they drive us to church, P-Day stuff, District meetings, and we get meals together quite often. Members in this ward don't feed us too much (I haven't had one since I've been here) but its ok because we buy food ourselves. I am eating good though so don't worry. My Suits are doing good as well. I saw in the stores the other day they had Machine Washable suits made of recycleble material. If you see that material in China can you hook me up. Love ya.
Well thanks for the emails and your love. I got a letter from Jessica today and the Madsons are moving back to Utah which is great and Mandy is engaged which is great as well. Both exciting news.
Well I love you all and hope you enjoy your week.
Love, Elder Turner



No comments:
Post a Comment