First off, sorry about the contacts thing. I thought I had another box in my suitcase so I didn't worry about it but I decided to check last week to make sure and realized I didn't. It won't happen again but thanks for being willing to help me out.
So this week was a pretty successful week and our hard work is starting to pay off. We got 2 new investigators (they changed the meaning of an investigator recently so they are alot harder to get than before) we also got two people to church. Bonny-Sue, the lady I talked about last week came and loved it. I can see some potential problems with her husband but it should be good. Because she was so scared of the previous church people, he is worried about her jumping into another church thing so quickly which is understandable. She notices a big difference meeting with us though. She says when she does what we ask she is calm and collected and feels peacefull which is exactly opposite of what she use to feel so she hopes he notices a difference. She got in a fight with her husband before coming to church. I guess he said "there is a reason why people don't answer the doors to these people" and she responded "And there is a reason people do" and than she left. After sacrament she wanted to go home and apologize to him especially after a member bore his testimony and mentioned he had an arguement with his wife. She literally cried the entire time. We are extrememly excited for her.
President Paulson called us today and congratulated us on getting people to church and for getting new investigators and for turning the area around. Than he had our district leader call us and congratulate us as well. It made us feel pretty good but we know that it was definately because of our hard work and the Lords blessings (more so the latter). Also our entire district got at least one person to church and our entire zone except one companionship got people to church which has never happened before in any zone so things are starting to pick up.
The other person we had to church was named Rebeccah. We tracted into her on Saturday and invited her to church on Sunday. Her family is staunch Mennonite and her parents are against her going to any other churches but they are out of town this week so she decided to check it out. She is 24 though so she is old enough to decide for herself.
The weather was nice up untill thursday and then it continueally poured until Sunday. Not fun especially when you have to walk everywhere. We woke up this morning and it was Snowing. I don't know what to think anymore. It is nice now but a little chilly.
Well not much else to report. I love ya.
Love,
Elder Turner



No comments:
Post a Comment