So this past week has been extremely good. A ton of our investigators are progressing and we even set a baptismal date with a 24 yr. old kid named Chris. He smokes weed alot and isn't all there alot while we are teaching him but he wants to quit and wants to do better. He is planning on quitting on Wednesday. He actually said he wanted to come to church which is something that Elder Burch and I Tried to do last transfer and he would never come. Elder Smith and I went by on Sunday morning to wake him up, than we went by 30 min later (9:30am) to make sure everything was ok and he was dressed and ready to go. Than we went to church and waited, and waited, and waited and Chris never showed up. Karl showed up though and we were really excited. We weren't expecting him but he decided he wanted to come this week. We later went by Chris and found out he was watching TV and lost track of time. He's going to be a difficult one but he really is sincere and wants to do better.
Elder Smith and I found a lady the other day while tracting named Kristen. She said she had talked with missionaries at her door before and wasn't interested. We've been working alot on being personable with people and joking around alot more with people. We started talking to her about families and stuff and were cracking jokes and she invited us to come back. We than offered help and raked her whole yard in our suits. Since than we have met with her twice and she is really really good. She understands everything, has been praying alot, and reading. She is what we would consider a "golden investigator" and proves that Selkirk really isn't "Tracted out"
We are meeting with a lady named Sharon who is really good and really nice. We've become pretty close and she gave us a really good homemade pumpkin pie. Ahh man it was good. She is honestly the nicest lady and one of the best moms I know. She is a single mother of four and on the weekends she fosters two girls. She is really busy but is trying to do whats right. We are meeting with her tomorrow.
We are also meeting with another one of our really good investigators named Christy whom we've become close with as well. She is progressing really well. We have been taking a couple in our ward and the wife and Christy get along great and have become really good friends.
Tonight we are meeting with Sandy who is another single woman who would get baptized soon but is having trouble knowing Joseph Smith is a true prophet. We are trying to help her understand it better. She doesn't like reading the Book of Mormon because she feels as if she is cheating on her church but she has promised this week to read 10 min a day ever day the Book of Mormon (her daughter made her even put her hand on the bible and make an oath to do it) haha it was funny. Tonight we are planning on watching the Jeffrey R. Holland talk on the Book of Mormon with her from the October General Conference. We are also meeting with Karl tonight who has a baptismal date.
Also the members here are really great and are getting a few referrals from them. We have been working really hard and Selkirk really has turned around and I would consider it probably my favorite area. I love it here and I love all of our investigators and the members here. Which is really sad now because I'm being moved down to Winnipeg on Thursday. I'm excited for change but I truly am going to miss Selkirk. It's going to be hard to leave. I called all of our investigators and set up times to meet with them before I leave but I'm thinking its going to be hard to say good bye. Elder Smith is staying up in Selkirk and is going to be training a greenie so he is pretty excited about that. I'm going back to a busing area (there are like 4 in the whole mission and I'm going to have been in two of them. President must not trust me with cars) My new companion is going to be Elder Palica from Provo, UT. He came out the same transfer as Elder Smith so one transfer after me. I can't believe though I've been on my mission for 7 1/2 months. It doesn't seem like its been that long but apparently it has been. Well I hope everybody has a good week and I'll talk to you later. Remember that I will now be writing on Monday so be prepared. Love ya
Elder Turner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment