Well this past week has been pretty great. How could you be mad when General Conference is shown. It was really weird for me though becuase you only get 4 General Conference's on you mission and that was my third. Time goes by really quickly. Conference was great though. My favorite talks were Patrick Keaton in the Priensthood Session and my favorite speaker always is Dieter F. Uctdorf in both the Saturday Morning Session and the Priesthood session. The one in the morning was probably my favorite talk of the conference. Last week Elder McCleave and I bought a tube of Cinnamon Rolls and had them Sunday Morning so I'm keeping the tradition alive, even if they aren't as good as yours. We had 4 people come to church The Rodriguez girls (whom are getting baptized October 16th) came to all four sessions but went to the other chapel becuase she wanted to see some friends and Catherine and her Common-Law came for the last session. It was really interesting becuase she has 7 kids and always struggles to raise them and she is trying to quit smoking. They came about 30-45 min late but two of the talks that they heard which she really enjoyed was about raising kids (especially teenagers) and quiting addictions. Definately spoken straight for her.
Elder McCleve and I get along really great. He is hilarious and we just have tons of fun together. He's a great missionary too so that helps. I love having a truck. It is the greatest thing ever. Unfortunately we have to keep track of our K's which takes alot of the fun out of it. I'm not sure if that is in every mission but I think we have had missionaries here who have driven to Alberta, Ontario, and about 10 years ago, Utah. Yeah they took pictures in front of their house and drove back. They should have just stayed there becuase they got sent home that following week. Sometimes missionaries are just stupid.
Haha I'm glad you liked the pictures of Balut. It didn't taste bad just the thought/texture were gross. I probably won't do it again. Between sessions of Conference we went to Olive Garden for their never ending pasta bowl and I ordered the Parmeson Alfredo Portebella (knowing full well that portabella was a mushroom). It wasn't bad. I figured I've never really had it and Ive had balut...how bad could it be.
I hadn't heard that Evan got his mission call. That is so great. He'll do great, he'll be able to help alot of his investigators personally with problems they get. I sometimes wish I had a companion who was less-active or a convert just to be able to help our investigators personally. I know Evan wasn't either of those but it is the same effect.
Well I am overjoyed today, especially for Evan. I'm so happy I was able to write today and find that out. Next week we will be emailing later becuase next monday is Thanksgiving (Canada). I love you all and are constantly praying for you success as I know you are as well.
Love, Elder Turner



No comments:
Post a Comment