there and so the water was like a deep blue. Looked kinda funny but better than brown I suppose. We didn't think too many people would show up but we set up a ton of chairs in the Relief Socity room. Well that filled up pretty quickly and during the first talk we had to set up more chairs and I had to sit out in the hall. As I was in the hall more people kept coming and they had to stay in the hall. Luckily everybody piled in to see the baptism and than we moved it to the chapel afterwards. After that everything went smoothly. The girls were so great and they just beemed. The younger one had to get dunked twice and after the first time when she found out she had to get dunked again she said "Are you Kidding Me??" pretty loudly. Everyone Laughed. They were also pretty happy/ honored that President Paulson and his wife came to see it. All in all it was a very long but extrememly good day.
At the baptism a member told us that he had been talking to his friends and they agreed to have us meet them so we are going to go visit this family with the member on thursday. We are pretty excited because member refferals are great. I don't think members realize that Tracting isn't the most effective thing and the best way to do missionary work is through the members. This particular member once went tracting with the Elders before I came and was like "Oh so tracting doesn't always produce people to teach". Maybe we should take members tracting more often. haha I don't think that would go over very well.
Jayden is adorable for sure and he's going to be even cuter when he gets a real puppy for Christ
mas. I just wish I could be there to see his face when he opens the present.
Sounds like everything is going good back at home. We should be having alot of good things happen this upcoming week and we are pretty excited about it. Sorry I don't have too much to say but the baptism really was the highlight. I'll try to send pictures today but if I don't get to it I'll send them next week. Love Ya
Elder Turner



No comments:
Post a Comment