So something really strange and unexpected happened this week. We were eating at a Filipeano Member's house this past week and his daughter and her 4 kids live there as well. They just moved up from Utah and the husband has to still work there and travel back and forth but he was there this past week as well. I introduced myself to him and he asked me how many elder Turner's there were out and I said just 1.He than said "Oh, you're my cousin" haha His name is Matthew Olsen. He is the Grandson of Grandpa Turners sister. They told me that even though I'm a distant uncle to the kids in Filipeano culture, I'm still at the same standing as an actual uncle. They call me Elder Tito (which is Uncle in Tagolog). I thought that was pretty funny and the last thing I expected was to run into relatives. They tahn invited us over for Thanksgiving on Sunday so I got to spend time with my new neices and nephew. haha.
This past week was really good. We had another Thanksgiving meal on Monday so I've been stuffed for a while. Oh sorry this is being written on Wednesday, Monday was thanksgiving so everything was closed, Tuesday was Zone Conference so we had no time to write. We have to head out to Interviews with the President soon after this. Zone Conference was really good. We had a General Authority come out and talk to us, Elder Sybrowski (?), and it was really good. The whole time I thought they looked really familiar but than I realized as his wife gave her conversion story that they spoke to us while we were in the MTC and she told the same story. They were both really good and we will hopefully start to improve as a mission. I think we all have kind of inherited a sense that our mission is not as successful as others and so its ok when we don't have much to show for it. I guess "whether you think you can or you can't, you're right" really makes sense in this case. We kinda needed a wake up call I guess you could say.
No mom I'm not sick, yes you loaded me up with tons of different medicine before I left and I still have quite a bit left. I've lent out more than I've used myself so don't worry about me.
That is so exciting that Casey is going to serve a mission. She'll do really great. Let her know that I've been meaning to write but I don't write many letters anymore. I've probably sent 2 in the last 6 months. But don't get me wrong I love mail so keep sending it. Just give me time to respond.
I want to make this really clear. Canada is not too much different from the United States. Canadian Thanksgiving is the same exact thing just on a different day. It is also actually for a different reason. Theres is because some guy tried to find a northwest passage by boat and failed but when they got home they had a feast of thankgiving that no one died on the journey and that they returned safely home.
We're gearing up for the Silk Girls baptisms this upcoming week. It will be on Saturday. I'm pretty excited for them and they are ready. I'll let you know how everything goes with that. It is tough planning a baptism exactly the way they want it and than having to ask members to participate. I guess if I baptized more often I would be use to it. haha
Well I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Love,
Elder Turner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment