Monday, September 27, 2010

9.27.2010

This past week was pretty slow. Not too much happened but the big news is that we got our transfer calls. Elder Woods is coming over from his area (jefferson) which is closing to be with Elder Fackrell and be the new district leader. So He is staying in the same ward and they will cover both areas. I'm being moved to an area called Munroe and am staying in the district. I'm pretty excited. I'm going to be with Elder McCleave. He is a very quirky missionary but he is really funny and we get along so I'm excited. I get a truck (the truck is a Chevy Colorado) which I'm also excited and I'm prime driver. I've been prime driver for the past 6 months (senior companions are usually prime drivers) but we didn't have a car. My old area is getting a car as well.

I'm literally moving two areas over. I'll still be going to the same building but just the other ward. It is the London ward. I'm going to miss Gateway ward (my old ward) because they have some great members but I'm excited to start a new ward. It's weird because my district leader now is the elder at Munroe and everytime we went on exchanges I went to his area (even if I was with his companion) so I've taught all but 1 of their investigators. That will be nice and make it an easy transition. Munroe has two baptisimal dates. They are two girls (12 and 14) whose mom and step dad are super active but their real dad is anti. The mom and step dad have full custody so she can get baptized regardless. They are all super active and the girls are really great. They are already members, just haven't been baptized. They will be baptized the week after General Conference. They also have an investigator named Catherine who is Golden. I've taught her before. She asked the missionaries when she can be baptized and was reading the gospel principles manual and said "I really have a desire to be get married for eternity but I just need to find someone with that Melkizidek Preisthood" haha. She is really great.

So this past week we also taught Melina and have her set for a Baptisimal date for December 11th. She commited to come to church 3 times a month at least and to go to the fireside that weekend (it was another one of those Elder Masters' fireside) which was yesterday. Well, her new boyfriend won't let her go to church or the fireside so we are kinda stuck with her. She can only leave his sight for school and work. I don't know why people put themselves in these positions but it is stupid. Sometimes people are just dumb. Not too much else to report.

Our ward now has a ton of Filipeano members. they are the best people ever. One of them asked us to come over and give their house a blessing (first one I've ever done, I didn't even know that people did that. Did we do that to our house?) When we got there we realized she had invited us over for her sons 4th birthday party and their was a lot of Filipeano people and tons of good food. Then she asked me to bless it in front of everyone. haha I was nervous about doing it infront of just them. It went well though. She also decided for fun, she would make us Balut (Ba-Loot). Balut is a fertilized duck or chicken (we had chicken) egg that is almost devloped. You boil the eggs than crack the shell, pull off a little of the skin, drink the fluid, eat some of the yoke, than you can see the actual bird (beak, feathers, etc.) and gobble that down. It didn't taste bad but it was so gross. Hopefully I'll get time to send pictures today. I Think you'll enjoy it.

Our birthday lunch was good. It was at a place called Mongos. It is a mongolian stir fry restraunt where they have a ton of veggies, meats, noodles, and sauce and you put everything that you want into a bowl and then they through it on the grill right in front of you. It is pretty fun and tasted really good. I'm sure you could understand it better if you had pictures but I didn't take any. Look online, I'm sure they have some.

Well I love you all. Hope your week is good. I'll try and respond to everyone who wrote me but I'm gonna try and send pictures first so if I don't get to it, I will next week. Love ya

Elder Turner



Me holding the last bite of balut.
Balut...One is before you open the egg, the other is after. Can you see the birds head?
More Balut Look at how good that cake looks. Good thing I didn't throw up on it.

More Balut. This was really fun to do. I had to do it but i know you just love the pictures (esp. mom and Destiny)



Two pictures from a birthday party.

Marco Anthony (he's 4 now) playing with Elder Fackrell's Camera
One is of all of our zone at P-day activity (last transfer) and the other was at an Elders Quorum activity. We had a pig roast. That is the head.

This is from left to right Elder Fackrell, Elder Burch, Elder Woods, and I. Elder Burch, Elder Woods and I are pretty good friends. The first picture is serious and I think Kevin, and Cami will probably get the second picture ("Make the Face of your character!!) haha



No comments:

Post a Comment