This week has been pretty good. We still haven't found anybody to teach but we did find alot of potentials that should be paying off soon. Our mission has had the goal of getting 50 to church for a while. In the summer it gets really hard to get people there and for the past 4 or so weeks we have gotten under it. This week we all fasted for it and we were grate full to get 57 at church. Our zone had 25 (there are 4 zones in all). Unfortuately we weren't able to help at all in the goal but we are definately working for it this week. Karen finally called us on Sunday and apologized and said she felt like she needed a little break so she wants us to start coming over again. I wasn't even mad that she took so long to call, I was just so excited and happy/overwhelmed that she called. It really was a great feeling.
Not too much is going on here. Because of the new schedule thing that the church put out zone confrences are every other transfer so this transfer we aren't haveing zone conference but there is a huge training meeting for all the leaders Wed, Thurs, and Friday from 8 am to 5 pm every day. They eventually invited everyone to go in Winnipeg so it will be sort of like a Bi-zone conference but spread out over three days. I'm pretty excited for it but this whole week is shot. Monday was P-day Tuesday District meeting than shopping and emailing (the stores and libraries were closed due to labor (or Labour up here) day. Wed thursday and Friday is that huge meeting all day, saturday is a Pig Roast for the ward, a couple appointments and we have to find time that day to plan for our upcoming week for three hours and than Sunday is Church, Monday will be P-day. Not too much actual missionary work will be happing this next week but that training meeting will be really great and help us in the long run. It is on the new way to use Preach my Gospel video so its gotta be good.
BTW Sorry I didn't write yesterday, as I mentioned earlier, it was Labour Day here yesterday.
Mom, a couple in the ward had us over for supper one day and we started to talk about restraunts in the states and I mentioned Cafe Rio and she said that is one of her favorite restraunts and I said that you had the recipe for Cafe Rio Pork and she said (and I quote)
"If you can get me the recipe, I will make it for you" There is no way I am turning that down. If you can get me the recipe that would be really great. Also if you can find a recipe for Cafe Rio's house dressing (or if you know one) that would be great to.
Well not to much else is going on here. A couple of the apartments have been getting bed bugs and we thought we had one the other day but the guy who checks the apartments looked at the bug we trapped and told us it wasn't a bed bug. What a relief...those things are terrible. On the brightside though the mission pays for you suits to get dry cleaned if you get them.
Well I love you all and know that I pray for you often as well and I definately feel your prayers.
Love,
Elder Turner
P.S. I didn't hear anything about an earthquake, thats crazy. Thanks for the notice



No comments:
Post a Comment