Tuesday, April 5, 2011

4.4.2011

Well another week has gone by but this week is totally different. We just got nourished with 10 hours of conference and don't have to wear suit coats anymore. haha I'm sitting in the library in a short sleave white shirt and no suit coat and loving life.

So conference was great. President Uchtdorf (always my favorite speaker) gave great talks (preiesthood and sunday morning). When Elder Hall was sick two weeks ago I read every President Uchtdorf talk in the Ensigns for like the past 5 years. He's great. Elder Bednar gave a great talk as well. Of course the news of the Winnipeg Temple was huge. Everyone was so excited. It was great to see. haha I was writing down the temples and President Monson said Fort Collins, CO and my thaught was oh Mandy is there and also my DL is from Denver so I was like thats nice. Than he said Meridian, ID and my thought was oh I have lots of friends from Meridian thats great. Than he said Winnipeg and the congregation gasped and froze and than some people started cheering and clapping. Everyone got emotional (lots of tears) and the spirit was so strong. Investigators were super impressed with the reaction to it. Some people came late and everyone rushes up to them to tell them the news. The land is over by our mission office. I guess they had bought the land like 10 years ago but when President Hinkley came to see it he didn't like it and at the announcement he turned to his counselors and said "What about Regina?" I guess everybody's heart was broken. Nobody knows if they will still use that land. I think a member died and gave the land to the church for the temple in his will. We're all pretty excited about it though. I'll definately come back up for the dedication.

Thanks for taking care of my classes Mom and kevin (especially mom). Tony just wrote me and he has 5 weeks left. That is too crazy. I still have forever left but its going by way too fast.

This week was pretty bad for us though. Not much to say. I'm just glad that we got to end it with conference. This next week we are having interviews and Zone Conference for the first time this year so that is exciting. They have changed it so that Zone Conferences are 4 X a year, so it kinda stinks.

Well not much else to write. I love you all and keep on keeping on.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment