Friday, April 29, 2011

4.26.2011

Well we've definitely had better weeks that is for sure. Sorry I didn't write yesterday it was Easter Monday (another holiday up here). The libraries were all closed so we are emailing today.

Well our first baptisimal date, Sandy texted us and said she didn't want to meet anymore. So we kept texting her and trying to talk to her and she eventually said she wanted to come to church this sunday. She didn't come but texted us sunday saying she was sick and would contact us soon for a lesson. whew. We almost lost her and I was scared cause she is so great.

The day after Sandy dropped us, we had a lesson with our other baptisimal date Shauna. We texted her sister that morning to make sure it was still all ok and she responded saying that Shuana had been evicted and they were on their way to Erickson, MB for her to live. There aren't any missionaries there and it is a couple hours out of the city. Another disappointment.

Other than those two though it was still a good week. Our lesson with the Marino's went great. Bishop and his family came along and they loved eachother. They were setting up playdates and wanted to come to more lessons so I truly believe that Bishop and his family are going to be the key to their conversion. We actually met with them last night again but Bishops' family couldn't come. It was a good lesson and it was the first time in a while that the dad sat in but it was still good. Ended quick cause they had some uninvited visitors come over but other than that it was good.

I'm devastated cause I actually got transferred. It has been so hard to say goodbye to everyone especially the Marinos. Before our lesson yesterday they were all outside when we pulled up so for about 30 min we played tag and football with the kids. Everyone has been having us over for supper and wanting to say good bye. Serving in a ward for 7 1/2 months gets you really close to all the members there. I didn't think it would be this hard but it is really tough.

So I assume you're probably wondering where I am going. I'm on my way to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan on Thursday. It is the second furtherest area in the mission. The farthest which is the Battlefords being about 1 hour from Prince Albert. On Thursday I'll start my 12 hour drive to Prince ALbert (PA for Short). My new companion is named Elder Liechty from Leighton, Utah. Elder Fackrell (my old comp) will be replacing me here in Munroe. Next week I'll not only write you in a different city but also a different Province.

Well not much else to say. The weather here is great. it is 20 C outside which is super nice. I'm happy winter is finally gone. From what we hear the flooding here is terrible. THe city has a flood way which splits the river in half and diverts it all the way around the city so we're good but I hear almost all the borders are closed and the city does have the threat of flooding, despite the floodway. I'll guess we'll wait and see.

Well I love you all. Have fun and hope you had a happy Easter.

Love,
Elder Turner


So the first one is of me and my truck. I love my truck so I'm sad to see it go. His name is "El Renegato" (Kevin should catch that refrence) the second one is me and the most frustrating Investigato ever haha ryan. The third is Me and the Heieie's (Bishop and his family) the fourth is Me at the Longitudinal ceter of Canada (I know its hard to see me) and the last is of another favorite family of mine, The Grosses.






No comments:

Post a Comment