So this week was just simply grand. The work is ok but its going well if that makes any sense. This past Sunday was like the Jehovah Witness equvialent for easter so they have been hitting the pavement like crazy so everywhere we went people were getting angry and saying "You were just here and Hour ago!!" Like every street we went on said that. Haha we were still able to find people so it was good. The Marinos didn't happen last week but today for sure. Bishop and his whole family (he has two little girls) are coming with us so it should be a great lesson. It is on Tithing so that is a little sketchy but we'll see haha.
Sandy came to church yesterday and loved it. I don't know if I mentioned Sandy but she is dating a member who lives in a different ward and and he reffered us to her. She is set to be baptized on May 21st and she thought church was Awesome.
We got to go out to some members who live about an hour away on a farm. They are the grosses (you emailed her those recipes) and that was way fun. I got to rake and move logs and help with a pump and burn stuff and mess with their cows. It was all good fun. They are a great family. It's just too bad that they live so far away.
So we get our transfer calls this Friday. President's granddaughter is getting baptized on Friday so she is coming up so that he can be there and alot of his other famliy is coming. All the missionaries in Winnipeg (That's me!!) get to go so he'll probably just tell us there. I would assume I'm leaving cause I've been here for 7 1/2 months and you don't normally stay in an area for more than 6 months so logically I would leave but everytime you set a baptisimal date you call President and in the last two weeks we got to call him 3 times (I'll tell you about the third in the next paragraph) and each time he says "well Elder Turner, We'll have to keep you there 9 months to get these people baptized" So I guess we'll see what happens. I wouldn't mind staying, it's just a long time in one area. They might as well just send my records to this ward haha. If I stay though, Elder Hall is probably gone because he goes home after this next transfer and so that means that after the next transfer they will have to whitewash (take both missionaries out) or leave me there for 10 1/2 months. haha I guess I'll tell you next week what happens. Transfers are always so exciting. I just love change.
So this past week we finally got in contact with an investigator named Laurant. I might have mentioned him before but he is great. He is from Benine, Africa and he is an older gentleman who has some health problems so contacting him is impossible but he is super christian and excited to learn more about the restored gospel. He set a baptisimal date for May 21st. We also have two other investigators, Shauna and Sandy set for that date. It's gonna be a great day.
I don't have anything really else to say. I hope all is well at home and I'll talk to you next week. This next week is shaping up to be a good one so i'll be excited to email again.
Love,
Elder Turner



No comments:
Post a Comment