Well this past week has been long. I've been so exhausted and worn out lately but I keep moving forward. We weren't able to teach very much this past week which really bums me out becuase I love teaching. We have found a few people this past week in tracting in which we are excited about. We're meeting with a couple tonight that has a 5 week old and we are meeting with another family on Friday. Hopefully all goes well.
Sorry I didn't write yesterday, it was a holiday up here in Canada as well. It was Louis Reil day. Louis Reil was a hero here in Manitoba. He is a Metis (May-tee) man which means he is half native and half french. I'm not sure what he did but I know he was hung in Saskatchewan for being a traitor. Not sure why they honor him here but it was Louis Reil day in Manitoba and in all the other provinces it's called Family Day. There is a little Canadian History that you can log away somewhere.
This past week we drove all the way out to the Marinos (45 min away) and they weren't there. (BTW that just kinda was the tone for the whole week). But the bad thing was that that wasn't the worst things that happened. We called them and they didn't answer so we got out to put a note on the door and than we drove all the way back to the members house and they asked us to stay a little bit and have desert. Well I asked Elder Hall for the phone and he couldn't find it. Neither could I. Or the Members. It wasn't in our coats, in the car, or in their house. I used thier phone called the Marinos, and they answered (they had forgotten about the appointment and felt really bad) and she went outside and found our phone on their drive way. I had dropped the phone when I got out to go put the note on their door. I felt so stupid. Luckily the member let us borrow their cell phone and Sis. Marino had to come into the city (in our area) anyway so she brought it to us. We met her in the mall at Claires and her 5 year old was getting her ears pierced. I've never seen that before and it was weird. Just confirmed the fact that I will never have that done. (I also think its kinda gay...sorry Brian)
It's been cold. Very cold. haha I don't understand why people live here but they do. Don't get me wrong I love Winnipeg and I love the people but why would people live in such cold conditions. Alot of time we are knocking on empty houses cause "Canadian Snow Birds" go down to Texas/Arizona during the winter. This past week it has been in the -30's. Somebody told me it was 7 degrees C in Las Vegas when we knocked on her door. That made me feel great haha.
Lately I've had the desire to learn more about Joseph Smith and he is just a fascinating man. Our Bishop let me borrow a CD about Porter Rockwell that was really good and than another missionary let me borrow a 5 cd set about Joseph Smith by Truman D. Madsen. They are way good. I love learning church history cause it is just so interesting. We have a very great history.
Well sorry my Email is kinda boring. Hopefully I'll have more to write about next week. Keep it real and don't do anything stuipid (Kevin)
Love,
Elder Turner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment