So the big news: Transfers...I'm staying. haha We were all kinda shocked but I'm staying in the area which means I get to keep up with the members, investigators (Especially the Marinos) and I get to sing that stupid song in choir. Elder Mitton is going to an outlining area called Brandon and I'll be excepting Elder Hall. He's from St. George (i think) and I'm a little worried about it. He loves playing magic and spent most of his time by himself so he is a little socially awkward but we'll see how it goes. I was in Henderson area for 6 months and now I'll be in Munroe for 6 months, different wards but same building, which means I will have served in the London Chapel for a full year. Man! that is half of my mission but I'm excited to stay. This will probably be my last here.
So the Marinos weren't able to make it to church this week which was a real bummer because they havent' made it yet and they were for sure coming. They called us about 30 min prior and let us know that the dad really wanted to come but was out snowmobiling that morning from an overnight trip and was going really fast in order to make it out here and got a ton frost bite. The temp that morning in all of winnipeg was -46 C. They live kinda out in the country so it was probably colder and he was going fast. They are planning on coming next week and I'm trying to keep the faith but lately its been kinda difficult. I want them to come so bad because I know they'll love it. It just seems like everything is against them coming. We should be meeting with them this week and hopefully setting a date with them again. Pray for them.
Our talks yesterday went really well. Celeste (i'm not sure if I told you about her) spoke as well before us. She is a Recent Convert of about 2 months. She did great but was super nervous. By the way she doesn't know how to cook so I gave her all the recipes you guys gave me so she can learn and I gave her your number and email in case she had questions or wanted more recipes. Hope you don't mind. She is super great. I spoke on The importance of Preach My Gospel in our personal study (as members) and importance of Member missionary work and Elder Mitton talked on Learning and following the promptings of the spirit (especially in Member missionary work). The 5th sunday is what they call "Missionary Sunday" so everything was focused on missionary work. It was fun.
Oh forgot to mention. the other area in the ward is opening again so there will again be a devision. Pres. Paulson went to a Mission President Seminar and they talked about how they don't want so many outlining areas so they are closing quite a few and bringing them into the cities. There is actually going to be a tri-panionship with one of them being Elder Higginson (My MTC Companion). I haven't seen him since the start of my mission.
Mom, I know when and how to do my work. I went to BYU Hawaii!!! There are far more distractions there and How many F's, D's, or C's did I get? None. Don't worry about me.
Well not much else. I hope all is well and I hope everybody is in good health. Elder Mitton was throwing up last week. haha it was gross.
Love,
Elder Turner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment