Tuesday, July 6, 2010

6.29.2010

How's it going?

So this past week has been really good. We had a pretty successful week and we are working like crazy. When I say successful I mean we did better than we have in previous weeks. This Sunday is Transfer calls which is crazy because this past transfer just flew by. I'll let you know what is happening next Monday.

I'm glad to hear the Funeral went well. Your right though, many people did love her. Dad sent me the Eulogy and it was really good. President Paulson has been asking how everyone is doing with the loss. You can tell he really does care and concerned about not just us as missionaries but also our families.

It has been raining quite a bit this past week. The Mosquitos are out in full force as well. They are literally eating me alive. I found out this day that only the female mosquitos bite you because they need it to reproduce. That means every time you get bit, you probably just allowed 1000's more to be born. It's a terrible thought. It just means more are on their way.

So this Past week Karl from Selkirk got baptized. Very exciting. Elder Burch and I were allowed to go see it so we went on an exchange and it was really weird because Elder Burch and I drove back up to Selkirk together so it felt like we were still the missionaries up there. The baptism was great and he was so excited. The other day in church they played "If you could hie..." and Karl loved it so he decided he wanted that song sung at his baptism. We sang all 6 versus. haha there were alot of people who were not members and it was weird. Elder Burch and I were the witnesses for the baptism so it was nice to have a part in the program. That was by far the best day of my mission so far. I felt like I was on a cloud. Karl is going to be great and I'm so excited for him. We we went up to Selkirk it was storming but after the baptism it was a great cloudless sky and a really great sunset. All in all it was a great night.

Last night we had another Master's Fireside and they talked about the 5 and 6 articles of faith. really it was on the Church of Jesus Christ in ancient and modern times. Very very interesting. One point I liked was that Moses had chosen 12 princes to look over the 12 tribes (one for each tribe). Than they called a quorum of the 70 (in numbers somewhere) because when you read Genisis and when it talks about the Geneology of Noah there are 70 gentile nations. Each one in the quorum looked over each gentile nation. That's why when Christ told the apostles to only stay with those of the abrahamic covenant but sent the 70 out everywhere else is becuase the 12 look over those already in the church but the 70 is responsible for everyone who is not a member. When we are baptized we are "adopted" into the abrahamic coventant and thus under the 12's stewardship. It was pretty fasinating. I'm not sure if I got all of the facts right but it was something like that. It was a really good fireside. I really enjoy going to them.

Well not much else to report. Sorry to bore you with the old testament stuff. Love you all and keep doing great.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment