Tuesday, July 20, 2010

7.19.2010

Well, I guess I have to come clean. I did open up my package the day I got it but I didn't want to admit it so I pretended like I didn't know last week. haha Love ya. Thanks for all the presents everybody. I don't know who sent what so I'm sending out a general thanks to everyone especially Destiny and Cami for putting it together for me. We spent last P-day playing bang and I've already eaten all the candy. Thanks for the song book and the cd as well. A dying missionary (means he is going home) gave me a CD player and his speakers so I don't need one anymore.

So we had an absolutley spectacular week. It was so amazing full of miracles. Elder Palica and I talked to a 19 yr old girl a while ago and she asked for a Bible and BOM. We didn't have a Bible is stock so we kinda forgot. She ran into us about two weeks ago and so than we told her we were waiting on one to get. Than Elder Fackrell came and we went and dropped it off last tuesday. We had an amazing lesson with her and we set up daily contact (we call each day and see how her reading is going). We than met with her on Friday and committed her to Baptism (sept. 4) and than we met with her on Saturday and gave her a tour of the church and than on Sunday she came with her son and cousin (9 yrs. old). The kids absolutley loved church and so did she. She wants us to start teaching her sister and her friend as well. When they got home from church her 3yr. old son said he wanted to go to church again and she said ok next week. He responded with "NO!! I want to go now!!" haha. that made us laugh. We are really excited for her and she is loving what she is learning.

Karen is doing great. Her and her daughter have both agreed to quit smoking on Aug. 1. Pray for her. This isn't the first time she has tried to quit but it should be the last. I guess there was an older woman in a different ward here that was scheduled to be baptized but 30 min before her baptism she was rushed to the hospital and is now waiting a double lung transplant because she smoked for 70 some odd years. We are definately praying for Karen and we hope for the best of course.

We have definately been working hard. The zone leaders have this ceramic angel statue that the call "Lola, The tired angel" who is one of the angels that helps everybody out (Promise in the D&C somewhere) The area that made her work the most that week gets to keep Lola for the week. Today the Zone Leaders gave it to us so that was really nice.

Well not much else to report. I did the math the other day. The last time Mom and Dad didn't have a teenager was about 14 years ago i think. It was a while ago when I did it. haha. I'm a man now!!!!

Love,

Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment