Tuesday, November 3, 2009

11.2.2009

Last week when I said I "assumed" I was staying in my area and Elder Ewell was leaving. Well I was wrong. Elder Ewell stayed and is now training again so I have a new "brother" (I have another one but he died AKA went home early). After driving 6 hours to Regina, staying the night there, and driving 2 more hours I finally arrived in my new are. I am in Saskatoon, Saskatawan. My new companion is Elder Halliday from Farmington, UT. We get along pretty well. Our apartment is way nice though. We have a grill and a fireplace. The grill has no gas and the fireplace has no wood but the important thing is that we have them. There is bad news to the transfer though. I am now a busing elder so My companion and I do not have a car so we mostly walk and sometimes take the bus. This transfer doesn't end till the middle of December and I'll probably be here longer than one transfer (but I've been wrong before)

Things I bought: A big coat that is black and way warm, cheap hopefully warm boots, socks, hat, beanie, longjohns, gloves, scarf, and unlimited use hand warmers. I've decided that the reason people are so rich in Las Vegas is because they don't have to spend all there money on winter stuff. Thanks for the recipe I do want alot more in my christmas package. All apartments have a stove, oven, and microwave. I think most have a crockpot but I'm not sure about a blender. I doubt any have a rice cooker. When you send them to me can you also explain things that I won't know like how to cook rice or define words that I don't know what they mean such as 'simmer'. Make it so a smart 4th grader could understand it. It snowed when we left winnipeg on thursday. When we got to Regina it was cold but not snowing. When we woke up there was about an inch of snow. When we got to Saskatoon it wasn't too cold and no snow. The next day it snowed. Now there is no snow on the ground but it is still kinda cold. Winter is coming and its coming fast. It sounds like everyone is keeping busy. Oh yeah the other day we stopped by one of our investigators here who ended up not being home. As we were walking from her house, their neighbor called Elder Halliday and I into her house. She is a 60 yr old native woman and asked if we could give her husband a prayer of healing because he had a stroke 5 years ago and can't walk. We taught her about blessings and gave him a blessing. We are now teaching them. They are going to need alot of work. He is thinking about moving out to a special home becuase his wife is mean and she drinks all day everyday. Its going to take alot of work but I see their lives improving.

I'm happy to hear about Matt. It sounds like he is doing good. Tony just sent me a letter he is a trainer and a district leader now so that is good. Supposidly somebody tried to fight him and pushed Tony on the groung and Tony's brand new companion (only been out three days) had to force the guy to back off. Haha fun adventures in Denver.

About my christmas package. You need to have it get here within the next 5 weeks so I can have it for christmas time. Also you need to write "Christmas" on it so the office staff knows to hold it. The only main things I want in it is the same pictures I had in my old album recipes and music.

Not much else to report. We are emailing from an University and people just sit and stare at us. I feel like a nun. haha. Well I love you all. Hope you have a great week. Elder Turner

At a training meeting...

No comments:

Post a Comment