Elder Halliday (my companion) is from Farmington, UT. He is the only boy of 5 kids so he thinks lots of things are gross and jokes around with me about them (he hates it when I spit) haha. We get along pretty well though. I've been tired so much lately from walking so much that I fall asleep everywhere around our apartment and he is constantly waking me up. haha Hopefully soon I'll get use to it. Also my District Leader Elder Gines is from Las Vegas and he went to Coronado High School. He is a way fun kid and we get along great.
Your right Remembrence Day is this Wednesday. It is very similar to our Memorial day. Supposidly November 11th is the day WWI ended so they remember all of their fallen soldiers. Lots and Lots of people wear these plastic poppyseed flowers that are red with black centers. I guess somebody wrote a poem for remembrence Day about poppyseeds and so they wear them as tribute or something like that. You could probably go on google and image search Remembrence Day Poppyseed and find what they looked like if you care.
Thanks for the recipe last week. I made it and it was way good. Does it taste different if you make it in the microwave? I wanted to do it in the microwave cause its easier but Elder Halliday says the oven tastes better.
About your talk. I don't have too many suggestions. A great place to look is Preach My Gospel. Lesson 5 is the commandments and one of them is Keep the sabbath day holy. It explains it pretty simply and even gives scriptures for it. I think you can read it online somewhere.
Recently all of the stakes in our mission are trying to get the members to be more involved in missionary work. It is a tough job and its hard to get some members motivated. Life would be so much easier and the work would progress so much faster if every member would just suggest one person for them to teach. People are often scared to share the gospel but from the experiances of the members who have done it, people often see it as more of a sign of love and respect than anything else. We have been visiting lots of members to encourage them to teach their friends. Alma 29:9-10 is one of my favorite scriptures about that because it is Alma explaining that when he calls people unto repentance, and they repent how much joy that brings them. Every time we invite someone to do anything, Watch a church movie, read the Book of Mormon, come to church, come to mutual, anything that is related to the church we are inviting them to repent. If they accept they are repenting becasue they are bettering themselves. Hopefully the members here catch on to the missionary spirit. I really believe that this is going to help so much.
We were doing some cleaning in our apartment this past week and we found a bunch of christmas decorations so we set up alot. Haha we have two small christmas trees and christmas lights hung around our living room. Its kinda fun to get into the christmas spirit. I feel justified in setting Christmas stuff up this early because we've already had Thanksgiving back on OCt. 12.
About my christmas Package: peanut M&M's and vanilla hot chocolate would be good. Also Just a reminder: on the package put "Canada Winnipeg Mission" BEFORE my name. It makes it so that the mission home can sign for it.
Well not much else to report. We have Zone Conference this week so that should be fun. Well I love you all and look forward to hearing from you.
Love,
Elder Turner
Here are some pictures. Two are of the snow in Winnipeg. One is of my old district.



No comments:
Post a Comment