This past transfer has flown by like crazy. Elder Fackrell and I only have two more Sunday's before transfers which scares me how fast everything is going. Elder Mitton is going to be here at the next transfer so that would be pretty fun to see him. I know what he looks like but its been a long time since we've done something together.
This past week has been pretty good. We've been really busy which is probably one reason this transfer is flying by. We already have 14 appointments set up this week which never happens so we're pretty excited. We haven't been able to get ahold of Karen since she quit. She works shift work so we just don't know when to call. Hopefully she's doing good but we'll find out soon enough. A member called Melina and talked to her. Melina is just super stressed and having a hard time but still wants to investigate just wants a little bit of time to figure things out.
Some pretty exciting news. Elder Fackrell was in Downtown Winnipeg (that is where he started, which is also where I started). There he taught a man named Gaberial from Sudan Africa. He also taught her sister. Gaberial is getting baptized this week and his sister (Akon) and her two kids will be at the end of the month. When they were teaching Gabrial he asked for copies of the Book of Mormon to send home to Sudan so they gave him two english ones and an arabic one. Well according to Gabrial, his village loves them and they read them all the time and every Sunday about 500 people get together for "church" and all the young boys wear white shirts to be like the missionaries. haha. Pretty amazing story. Too bad there is no missionaries there yet but when it is open 500 people are ready to be baptized.
I did get the video of Jayden floating but I can't watch it because of these computers. For some reason they won't let me watch certain videos. I did get alot of pictures though and I really enjoy those ones.
Oh by the way, yesterday was a civic holiday so that is why I didn't email. I'm not sure what the civic holiday means but Canada Loves holidays and they have them way too frequent. If they don't have 2-3 each month its rare. Oh also I heard that my friend Brittney Allison is engaged. That is crazy to hear that our friends are getting married. I also heard that Rozlyn Jensen is either engaged or already married. I'm happy for both of them but that is still really weird.
About two weeks ago we contacted this kid and got his info but I thought it was fake information. We called a few days later and his mom answered. We asked for the kid and she asked who we were. Than she told her son and told him who we were and he came over and hung up the phone. haha so we just laughed and continued making calls. A few min. later his mom calls back and apologizes for her sons behavior and than starts to ask us questions about what we do. Supposidly she has been looking for a church for 6 years. She was pretty excited to have us come over and teach her more. So we went over and she said "Yeah, I'm not really intrested anymore, thanks though" and than closed the door. We were pretty disappointed. Elder Fackrell was talking to President Paulson about it and President flat out said go back. So yesterday we went back and she wants to meet on Saturday and have her son sit in as well. It's weird...its as if President Paulson is inspired or something. haha pretty exciting.
Zone Conference was really good. There are going to be some major changes in the mission. They are going to have an entire new way of using Preach My Gospel. Also there is a new "The District" videos (ask Kevin and Destiny). Our mission is loosing alot of missionaries as well. Now we have about 98 missionaries and by next July it will be 56. Each ward will eventually have one set of missionaries (Our ward now has 3 sets and another ward has 4) That also means that each set will cover a huge area though. That means that 5 sets of missionaries for all of Winnipeg. Every area will have a car though. We are also loosing a ton of senior missionaries and nobody to replace them. Apparently there are 12 senior couples preparing to serve a mission right now...for the whole world. The church is desperatley in need of senior couples.
Well not much else to talk about I love you all. I've also heard that that movie (inseption or whatever) is really good. Not too big of a concern for me right now though but I definatley will see it.
Love ya,
Elder Turner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment