Of course I watched conference. All ten hours of it. My favorite talk had to be Elder Hollands talk in the Sunday afternoon session. It was so good. When I heard there was going to be a temple in Sapporo I was so excited for Brian.
I'm pretty sure Lane and Lindsey are sending pictures home but I'll write them and remind them. My camera is fine, i just have to take the batteries out when not in use.
It has been pretty chilly here lately. I am buying my winter gear next week. I never know the temperature here because nobody knows the Fahrenheit and I don't understand Celsius. It is really annoying. The other night we fell asleep with all the windows open and it was the first cold night. It got to -2 Celsius and we woke up freezing. I don't know what -2 C is but 0 C is 32 F so it was below freezing. Also -40 C and -40 F is the exact same temperature and if the temperature gets below that, we can't go outside. I hear that happens quite often. Missionaries have fun though. Throwing a boiling pot of water up and watching it evaporate, spitting and watching it freeze before it hits the ground, or my favorite, seeing whose eyes can freeze shut first. I'm excited for the winter. Never had one like it and probably never will.
I can't believe Halloween is coming up. Time flies out here. Thanksgiving is next week. (yeah, we get it early in Canada) but I don't know what we are supposed to celebrate in November.
Now that conference is over we always have to wear our suit coat when out of our apartment till next conference. Before we could just wear a white shirt and tie.
I thought of more things I want:
Music: my favorite are the classical hymns that Kevin has. I want as much of those as possible. It just can't have drums, or anything that can't be played in sacrament.
Photo Album (i still want one)
American Candy (they don't have anything here)
Dr. Pepper (soda tastes different here)
The last two aren't that important, just throwing it out there.
That is about it for me. We played football today for P-day activity and I am so sore and hurt. haha it was fun though.
Well i love you.
(this is for the blog) ANybody who is expecting letters from me, it might be awhile. I rarely have time to write letters on P-day. Its a blessing and a curse.
Love,
Elder Turner
p.s. Here are some pictures of Paul with his Grandpa Turner at his 80th birthday party (and Kevin too).



These pictures were actually taken on August 26, 2009 when the boys (Kevin and Paul) picked up their Grandpa Turner on the way to drop off Elder Turner at the MTC. He is 80 years old.
ReplyDelete