Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10.13.2009

Hello,
Sorry this e-mail is a day late. It was the Canadian Thanksgiving yesterday so we couldn't going shopping or go to the library. This past week has been way good. Friday we had a tri-zone conference and Elder Gibbins of the Quorum of the seventy (or second quorum idk) came and spoke to us about the importance of members in our work. After zone conference one of the wards provided a Thanksgiving dinner for us which was so good. Sunday the Bishop of our ward invited my companion and I out to his house for Thanksgiving dinner and when we got there we discovered another senior couple in our ward was invited as well as the Mission President and his wife. The food was still very good. Lastly, yesterday a family, the Kenny's, invited us over for yet another Thanksgiving dinner. Once again it was delicious. I remember Kevin and Destiny saying I would hate Thanksgiving and Christmas because you get fed too much. I have no Idea what they were talking about, it was soo amazing.

So last week I was planning on buying my winter gear but their heavy stuff wasn't in yet so I contemplated the idea of just buying gloves and a hat then but just decided to buy it all at once. Lucky me, the snow came. Yes it already snowed here. I am literally freezing haha. Hopefully we have time to go get some stuff today. haha I don't know how much i'm suppose to spend but for me and my comfort I'm going to buy the best stuff for the best price. If it is over your limit, let me know and I will pay you back when i get home. We went from summer (which was about two weeks long, i got the last week of that) to winter and now we are starting to get into fall just to get back into winter. Everyone here is pretty shocked that it snowed because it usually doesn't happen till end of october. I mean, the trees are still green.

My favorite thing about the mission so far is just watching people change. You can see the difference of them at the beginning and then when they start using the gospel in their lives. They are genuinely happier. The hardest thing so far is watching people know the truth, or feeling the spirit and then having them decide not to progress. It is really difficult to see how much happier they could be but choose not to be.

I'm happy to hear about BYU winning again. That is way good to hear. I hope Mark enjoyed that. They have football here but it is kinda different. The field is bigger and there are only 3 downs. I've only seen high school practices but that is what everyone tells me.

Well not much else to announce. We are going to a baptism tonight of somebody in the singles ward. It should be good. We are bringing an investigator with us so he can see what he will do when he gets baptized on Nov. 11th. Hopefully I'm not gone for that because transfers are the end of October.

Well I love you all and hope to hear from you soon.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment