So not too much happened this week. We had alot of ups and downs. Our Baptisimal date dropped us yesterday becuase "being a mormon is just too hard". That was pretty diappointing but he'll come back. He always does. This isn't the first time he's dropped missionaries and it probably won't be the last.
The Marinos are doing good. The mom was on 1 Nephi 7 last time we were there and this past week she was on Alma 7. It was great. It took 6 months to get her to Alma 7 than one week to get her to Alma 7. She read that all in one day and the kids were begging for breakfast but she just wanted to keep reading haha. Unfortunately she hasn't been reading every day but she does like the book of Mormon and gets drawn in. The dad hasn't been meeting with us for a while and always has excuses for church but I think if the rest of the family want to join he would be supportive and eventually come around. We're meeting with them tonight but the dad won't be there again. His buddy was out snowmobilling and while he was out his wife and 2 kids (6 and 9) were in a head on collision. All survived but the little girl is paralyzed from the chest down and the other two have problems. He's been helping him out at the hospital. Sad story i know. We're definately keeping his friends family in our prayers.
So we found a great new investigator this past week named Michael. I was on exchange and my comp and another missionary were tracting and tracted into a guy who had just asked for missionaries on Mormon.org the day before so he thought they were there for that. We taught him yesterday and he is great and is gonna get baptized I just know it. I'll keep you posted on him.
The Olsens (my family up here) are moving back to Spanish Fork this week so its sad to see them go. We're helping them move on tuesday so yeah that kinda stinks but they said when I'm at BYU I need to come over for Sunday Supper. haha
Things are picking up for us. We have a ton of appointments this week and we are meeting with a Recent Converts/Less Active which is great cause we have only seen them like 3 times since their baptism. I'm excited for that appointment.
This past week Elder Hall had the Flu for two days so we weren't able to work those days. We went on Exchange for our appointments that we had though. Unfortunately for us one of those days was Sunday so I took him to Church and one of the Elders from the previous ward (he left priesthood early and his comp went into a trio with the other two in that ward) went and sat in the car with Elder Hall. I went with the other two Elders in our ward and the Elder who sat in the car with Elder Hall and his comp took him out tracting and left him in the car while they tracted (with presidents approval of course) haha. It was so complicated but it all worked out.
Well not much else to report on. Do you want me to keep all my winter gear or donate it to the mission. I have a big coat, winter boots, gloves, hat, ear muffs, etc. So I'll keep whatever you want me too. Just let me know soon.
Love,
Elder Turner



No comments:
Post a Comment