Friday, January 21, 2011

1.17.2011

Mom, By the way you're too old to use LOL...just a side note

So this past week was a great week. Everything seems to be getting better here in the Canada Winnipeg Mission. We had a ton of appointments and that makes me happy because I love teaching. We also got alot of finding in last week and found some really great people. I'm excited to start teaching them.

As for the choir performance, it isn't until Feb. 20th or so. Transfers are on the 3rd and I'm pretty sure I'm leaving this transfer so I won't actually have to perform it. I'm actually really happy about that. It sounds good but it is just weird.

Alot of our investigators are just kinda floating around. Not too many are progressing. We're still working with them but alot of them require time and patience. Definately patience is something I've improved on since my mission. It's kinda required here.

The weather has been extremely cold this week. Yesterday we were out tracting in -34C. That is just too cold for me haha. Being on my mission has taught me never to complain about Las Vegas Winters again. I truely miss the heat.

Well not too much else to write about. We're working hard and keeping the area on a steady incline. The whole mission is improving which is great to see. Every area in our zone found at least 1 new investigator which has never happened for at least two years. Everyone is working really hard and its good to see. Oh and i got the family letter.

So we were teaching an appointment and the member we brought along told us it was his birthday on Saturday and invited us to stop by for some cake. He said it was an open house party and to come around 5. Well we did and that is when it went downhill haha. We knocked on the door and his wife answered and was dressed really weird (Spandex and a long sweater and weird 80's hair). We were the only ones there when this man and his wife. both dressed in weird 80's clothes. We had no idea what was going on. Than a few members of the church started showing up dressed in 80's clothes as well and come to find out they were having an 80's themed party. Weird but than they had 7 adults there and us and they needed 8 to play some murder mystery game but we can't play games like that so we ruined their game...woops. Than we had to leave (or wanted to) after about 30 min and they were playing some game so we told them we were leaving and they stopped the games and made everyone go to the kitchen to cut the cake and give us a piece. We left right after. That was honestly the weirdest meal appointment I've ever been too. Elder Mitton and I just kept giving eachother discerning looks cause we didn't know what was happening the entire night. haha Thought you'd like to hear that story.

well I love you all. Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment