This week has been so boring. haha the entire week was good but we can't go outside if it is -40 C or colder so Saturday and Sunday were boring because we had to stay inside the whole day. Sunday we went to church but it was only an hour because there was about 10 people there and you can't leave the car's in the cold that long. Also at 3:00 on Sunday it warmed up to -39 C so we were able to go out and that lasted until 5:00 so we did get 2 hours of work done that day. It seems like today is going to be an "apartment" day. Luckily we are still able to do P-day stuff. I think on Saturday night it reached -49 C which is ridiculously cold. The forecast is saying by friday it should be about -8C which is really warm so thats good. hopefully the warm lasts.
Not too many good missionary stories for you today. I can tell you a story that happened in our district that was pretty amazing. A couple weeks ago a newlywed lady in her 20's in another ward had a dream where the name "James Rielly" came to her. Supposidly she dreamed about someone like this on her mission and she found the name and they taught and baptized this person. So anyway she has no idea who this guy is but looks him up in the phone book and he happens to be in our area. So we stopped by him and his wife said he was sleeping. We asked her if she knew any members of our church and she said yes, our daughter Brenda Rielly. We looked at our plans that night and we had actually planned on stopping by Brenda Rielly that night and we didn't make the connection when we planned that they were related. So when we stopped by Brenda and told her what happened, she laughed and said her dad would never be interested in the church so we were pretty disappointed. When we told her about the dream, she got all serious and said, maybe it's my nephew. His name is James Rielly also. So we got his information and gave it to the Elder's in charge. Supposidly he has been praying to know the truth, he does know quite a bit about the church but never joined. They started teaching him and even told him the story. He has loved everything they teach him and has been coming to church every week now. He is also bring his cousin which is really good. They are kinda the "mission miracle" and I'm glad to be a part of it, even if our contribution was to find the "bad" one.
So since we've been stuck in the apartment, it's been filled with updating our planners, updating the area book, reading the scriptures, taking naps, and reading lots and lots of Ensigns/New Eras (we have like every one since 1990) While I was reading one of them I came across an article about a woman playing piano in church. I looked at the author and it said April Moody. Wasn't that our babysitter? at the end of the article it says where she lives and it said orem Utah. The article was called "In turne with his will" in the Feb. 2006 Ensign. Look it up. I'm pretty sure that was April our babysitter.
Thanks for the package, I got it. I've been eating all the candy inside it. It's kinda crazy to have the presents out and then being stuck in the apartment just staring at them all day. I really wanna open them but don't worry, I'll wait till Christmas. I think there was a mistake though. I had presents from Santa, Presents from Mom and Dad, Presents from Destiny, a present from Brian, Cami and Jayden, but I think you forgot the one that Kevin was sending me. I couldn't find it anywhere but I'm sure Kevin wouldn't have forgotten me even though every year I at least gave him a big bag of Peanut M&M's. I'll be looking forward to it in the mail. haha just kidding i don't care. Kevin's my least favorite anyway, he can't get any lower on the list. Thanks dest for your wedding announcement. It looks really good. also thanks for the invitation to the sealing but I think I'm going to be busy that day.
Well thats about it. I feel like i'm forgetting something but I can't remember.
Love ya,
Elder Turner
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment