Monday, December 7, 2009

11.30.09

Hey everybody. How's it going? Yes Time is flying by for me. Even days go by fast. Everybody says that each transfer goes faster and faster. I can't believe in a week i'm done with me second one. It's true. This transfer went so much faster than the first.

On Thursday a family fed all of the missionaries in Saskatoon. It was so much food and it was so good. I had like three plates and they were still encouraging us to eat more. Afterwards they had us play this game where you put whipped cream in your hand and launch it up and try to catch it in your mouth. It was so much fun but kinda messy. All in all we had a really good American Thanksgiving.

Thanks for sending my Christmas package. I'm looking foward to seeing what I got. I kinda remembered something else that I desperately wanted but I realize its kinda late. I wanted a english to Kuran translator. An english to multiple languages would be great but it needs to have Kuran on it. I know i won't get it for christmas but if you can find one please send me one. BTW Kuran is a one of the 7 languages spoken in Bhurma, Not to be confused with Qu'ran, the muslim holy book. I'm not even sure how to spell kuran so double check on that.

Thanks for all the recipes you have sent me. I've made them all and they are all way good. I was making a "sidekick" while I was boiling milk. They are like ready made noodles. Also, I'm not going to say that I haven't taken the vitamins because I have, but I also rarely take them. Sorry.

Anyway, this week has been pretty amazing. We met this drunk girl on the street that was trying to avoid us. Apparently she was taught about 10 years ago but stopped when her brother moved. We set up an appointment for a few days later. We stopped by and had a really good first lesson. At the end we committed her to baptism and she accepted. She is set for February 27th. I knows it's kinda far but she has a long way to go.

Another appointment we had this week was with a man named Matthew Cloud and his girlfriend Malinda. He is a less active and she is not a member. We have been having such powerful lessons and he really wants to start coming back to church. She mentioned baptism so we set a date with Malinda on March 13. She is pregnant and wants to wait till after she had the baby. It might be kinda hard to get them married though because the baby isn't his. Hopefully they can work through this but they seem to be doing better. During our last lesson she was kinda hesitant to ask a question but after some encouragement she decided to ask. She asked us which was the greater sin: abortion or adoption. I was so happy she asked that because she said she has been struggling with that for a few months. She was at ease when we told her adoption wasn't a sin. We even gave her information on LDS adoption services and she is going to talk to the bishop.

Than this week we had an appointment with a man named Moesly who used to live in another area and was being taught by the missionaries. He moved in our area and the missionaries gave us his info. We stopped by had a really good lesson. He knows that the BOM is true and JS is a true prophet. We were going to set a baptisimal date with him but he doesn't know his work schedule. He will let us know on Wednesday when we met with him.

Lastly we had a dinner appointment with some members and we showed up 15 min early. (when you ride the bus, you don't choose when you arrive) So instead of going early we decided to track one house. I chose the street and the side of the street. I saw this house and felt promted to go there but didn't act on it because their TV was on, it was the grey bowl (The super bowl for Canadian Football, and the Saskatchewan Roughriders were playing) so I thought they would get upset. Luckily, Elder Halliday said the exact same house. Their names were Paul and Grace and they have been taught by the missionaries before. They weren't ready than but now they want to continue the lessons.

Its kinda unfair whats been going on here. We are being so blessed and this doesn't happen very often. Its not fair because you try to serve a mission to repay God for all of the blessings he has given you and then he continues to bless you more. He makes it so that you can't repay him. I guess that is just how he works.

Even the weather is cooperating. I think the coldest it got here this week was -3 C which is about 27 F. We still don't have snow and people think this is going to last till Christmas. People have no idea what to do around here and its kinda funny. They haven't seen this weather for 20 years. Just one more of those blessings I guess.

I got a letter from the Valley Vista Ward Primary the other day. It was from a girl named Isabel. It was really funny. It was only two lines but I was cracking up as I read it. The first line was thanking me for serving a mission but the second line read "It must be really hard to be away from your family, sorry I brought it up but I don't know what to talk about." than she signed it "Thank you for your time, Isabel". Haha I think I write her a little note and tell her about missionary work or something. That letter though was so funny. I loved it.

Well I just spent like thirty min. writing this letter so I hope you enjoy it. It is one of my longer ones I think but a lot happened this week. Oh yeah we went bowling today for P-day as a zone and we played two games my goal was to get 100 points which rarely happens. The first game I bowled a 96 and the second I got exactly 100. Once again, I was blessed. haha I was so excited.

Oh and I didn't get a letter from Dad this week but what is his new company. I want to know what it is all about because obviously I've been left in the dark about this.

Well not much else to report on. Thank you for all that you do. It must be really hard to have me gone...Sorry to bring it up but I have nothing else to write about.

Thank you for your time,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment